50% price drop in one year

Any boat you can park in a driveway is small, not big. Even medium-size boats stay in the water.

I dunno, the guy down the street has a pretty good sized one in his driveway from time to time. I don’t know if it floats or not but he washes it a couple times a year like it picked up some sea foam. It might be just for show along with the ATV, trucks, and camper. Maybe they aren’t paid for anyway but I think they are.

Talking about status reminded me of a neighbor kid. He’s probably close to 80 now but he always tried to impress everyone. Their house was one of the worst and there was a lot of beer in their house but even so it was a relatively intact family. At any rate his first car was a red 54 Merc. convertible. Looked pretty classy. Then he got his job at the best mens store in town so he could wear a suit all the time. No one in our neighborhood wore a suit to work let alone a tie. Then he took up radio broadcasting so he became a personality. I lost track of him for about 40 years but then saw him at the grocery store getting into his brand new flashy red Caddy. He looked like the cat’s meow. I know some of his friends and he drives them nuts. He still makes the rounds at the bars every day but he has switched to root beer now. I suppose a less than stellar upbringing can lead to having to show your status but his brothers are more not like that at all.

I was just introduced to some sneakers that cost $1000. They don’t even look good IMO but again, it is the fight for status. I am out.

lol … Reminds me of an episode from BBC’s “Midsomer Murders”. The detectives break into a house, bam, knock the door down, no warning, thinking they’re gonna find the murderers. Instead they find an innocent family with nothing to do with the crime. They are just sitting on their couch watching "Doctor Who" on tv in their own home. They think their house has been invaded by the police and they are now under arrest for not having the required license to view over the air tv broadcasts. The husbands stands up yelling “don’t shoot, I forgot to send my license fee in!!” …

2 Likes