2020 Toyota Sienna - Bad cylinder

hi the dealer told me that my cylinder 1 is bad what is the cause or why do my car has this problem?its still new please help my car is toyota sienna xle 2020. i dont know what to do next

You should still be under warranty. let the dealer fix it.

2020 Toyota Sienna · Warranty
PowerTrain: 5yr/60000mi
Basic: 3yr/36000mi

4 Likes

The dealer can’t explain the damage? Perhaps get the explanation in writing so you can review it.

As posted above, ask your shop to provide their diagnosis in writing, then you can post it here for a lay explanation and/or for more ideas. Also ask shop if there are any powertrain computer diagnostic codes. If so, post them here. P0301 would be a common diagnostic code for this problem for example. Also as mentioned above, as your is presumably under a new car warranty, don’t do anything yourself beyond asking for clarifications, and only let the dealership do the repair work. .

Likely possibilities

• faulty coil
  • faulty spark plug
  • faulty fuel injector
  • faulty valves
  • faulty piston rings
  • faulty head gasket

Note: Some of the above problems could be caused by low oil level or pressure. So be prepared to show dated receipts for all required routine maintenance, especially oil and filter changes.

1 Like

+1
Even if the OP doesn’t have full understanding of the problem, unless she has racked-up more than 60k miles, or unless she has skipped required maintenance, the engine problem should be covered by the mfr’s Powertrain Warranty.

Can the OP please tell us how many miles are on the odometer, and whether the dealership is attempting to charge her for the needed repairs?