2019 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid P050A code

Just bought a new 2019 Hyundai Sonata. Less than 2 weeks the Check engine light came on. Dealer said we need to warm up the car for 5 to 10 minutes. This doesn’ sound right. What do you think.

Bogus answer. You do not have to warm up modern cars.

What error code did they say it set?

Who did you ask at the dealership? That sounds like a salesman’s answer. If it came from a service writer, I would email Hyundai and see what they think of the answer.

The service manager told my wife That the car needed to be warmed up 5 - 10 minutes before driving.

Pulled Code P050A - Cold start idle air control system em performance (this is a history code)

Still Bogus. The causes of a P050A are listed below. Notice it doesn’t say “failure to warm engine”

Possible causes
Air Intake leaks
Lack of intake air volume
Faulty Fuel injection system
Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
Engine mechanical concern
Damaged or sludged throttle body

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/p050a_hyundai.html

Make SURE the dealer enters this problem into their system if the CEL comes on again so that you are covered for future failures or problems.

Thanks for the info.

1 Like

That is just plain wrong. I suspect that there is a communication problem and that may not have been the service manager . The vehicle is under warranty so there should be no reason for it not be assigned to a mechanic. You need a different dealer or at least to talk to someone else . Also your manual has contact numbers for corporate.