2019 Honda Accord Sdn - Oil change lready?

Actually, the OP didn’t say anything about dealer notifications, just about the on board maintenance reminder. Your may have been responding to someone else’s post, though.

1 Like

Thanks wolyrobb and CSA. I do see that wording now. It is in the fine print at the bottom of the page. It’s easy to miss.

Do these maintenance minders actually keep track of the date?

I’ve bought cars from dealers and they’re on me like stink on a skunk to come in for service, trade-in, come in for recalls, buy my used cars, discounts and sales on service, etcetera. They bombard me with e-mail and junk snail-mail. I ignore all they send me.

Besides, I don’t see any mention of any dealer notifications in the original post by [r.terryfurst]

Can you direct me to that information or are you just making it up to support theory? Where are you getting the information behind your accusations?

CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

You have no† hur† your engine by waiting two years with so little mileage. You have however voided your warranty, nothing technical about it.

I hope you did not buy an extended warranty because if you did, you voided that one too.

1 Like

I agree that the engine was not damaged by delaying the oil change, time-wise. I understand that some feel that moisture/water could accumulate in the engine oil, depending on how a vehicle is driven, but we can’t substantiate that. Besides, I suppose that would have occurred in the first year, as well.

However, I disagree that the owner voided the vehicle warranty by following the Maintenance Minder. Should this vehicle ever suffer internal engine damage, during the warranty coverage period, I suppose the manufacturer could blame the lack of a timely first oil change, but would they?

What’s the chance this vehicle or any modern new vehicle is going to suffer internal engine damage in the warranty period? I’ve never, ever, owned any vehicle that developed internal engine damage during the long vehicle lifetimes.

I don’t see how not changing the oil, following the literally fine print at the bottom of a page, when it runs a bit contrary to the Maintenance Minder, would end warranty coverage on a seatbelt, turn signal switch, door lock, trunk release, etcetera.

I believe that Honda is “shot by their own gun,” here. They want customers to enjoy the simplicity of keeping track of maintenance by using the provided Maintenance Minder, but throw in fine print on the bottom om page 611 of a 727 page Owner Manual.

I would sincerely believe that Honda Customer Relations would not screw with a customer over this matter. If they did, I’d never buy anything from them, again, and I tell everybody I know.

This owner driver, [r.terryfurst], shouldn’t be stressed out by any of this. Welcome to this forum! Much ado about nothing. I don’t think there’s much to trifle with here and I wish him/her/them the best with the Honda and enjoyment of ownership! Drive on!

Also, this was the owner’s first visit to the Community and I hope not the last. We don’t all bite and many folks here are quite caring and helpful, just a few who don’t get enough fiber in their diets or lack enough sunshine and the resulting lack of vitimin D, causing depression and that “glass half empty” outlook.:wink:

CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

1 Like

I’m an oldtimer, so like most have said oil is changed by mileage or time. Without any doubt, regular oil changes are the single most important maintenance item that can be performed to maximize engine life. In answer to the original question, after 24 months, 1478 miles and the oil minder notification, yes change your oil and filter.

2 Likes