2018 vs 2010 Honda: Age vs beauty

As an “Old Fart” I apppreciate your question and “am also looking at the last car”.

The two things that destroy a car are age and mileage .Sun, rust take a toll as does wear (mileage) but 60,000 on a Honda is nothing.

The Civic is the more upscale model but both are quality cars with many more years ahead or them but assuming that you’re no loger using them for work or commuting, have you considered keeping both and getting “limited use” insurance on one or the other?

On the alternative, in the current market either of them should command top dollar on the resale market providing ample enjoyment .

Definitely keep the Civic but given that it spent a fair amount of time sitting have it checked out by a mechanic you trust and at minimum have the oil and important fluids changed on principle.

I think you have an embarrassment of riches; either choice is pretty good. Suggest to have your fit inspected by a mechanic, especially for signs of an unusual amount of oil and carbon build-up deposits. Many shops offer a “general inspection” service. If nothing abnormal found there, and your mechanic finds nothing else obviously wrong, then just choose the one that looks and drives best to you. Personally I think the 2010 's are better looking than the 2018, and have fewer electronic doo-dads which can fail and cause you grief, so all else equal, I’d likely choose the 2010 Fit.