2018 Volkswagen GTI oil change indicator

Still I used to change the oil on my seldom used car at 7 miles or one year whichever was later. It did look pretty clean though usually.

I guess that might be dependent on the dealer or area because around here, most of them do perform a sale prep. Iā€™m sure they do some amount of delivery inspection and set up when the vehicle arrives at the dealership but they still perform a fairly involved prep process prior to customer delivery. The hood film wasnā€™t removed from the Ody I bought until I said- thatā€™s the one I want right there, from a row of about a dozen in similar stateā€¦maybe they just have higher turnover in this area? They also spent some time sprucing it up and setting radio presets and the like based on what they asked me. At the time of delivery, they were rolling it out of the service area where they did all the final checks etc. Are you saying your dealership will prep a car more than 90 days before it is sold and then no mechanic touches it at all before it is turned over to a new buyer? What if multiple people test drove it before it was sold? Wouldnā€™t it be a good practice to at least inspect it again prior to delivery? You donā€™t check and verify oil levels etc prior to delivery? Wouldnā€™t that be a good time to reset the maintenance minder etc so itā€™s not a hassle for the new buyer?

If that dealership canā€™t be bothered to do some of the little convenience things like this prior to turning over the car, that would turn me off to doing business there.