2018 Chrysler Pacifica brakes failed after battery recall work

I had an episode in a work truck that the brakes failed. A very scary experience, luckily I made it through the intersection and after pumping the brakes got like 1/8 of the petal enough to save a rear end collision. Nursed it to the shop using hand brake and manual trans gears. Oddest feeling was it felt like it was speeding up with no brakes, just my imagination I am sure.

Itā€™s a D brake, to be used while drifting. :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the information. I hope you get this

Since you are back I will reiterate my question about whether or not the brakes were working immediately after the wreck?
Solid pedal or not?

1 Like

Not your imagination, when the RATE of deceleration slows, it feels like you are speeding up.

1 Like

After the accident yes the brakes worked. I think someone asked did the brakes pedal go clear to the floor. No they never did. The third time when I applied them felt they were pushing back at me.

Is something physically blocking the brake pedal? Wad of carpet? Old Cola bottle? Kidā€™s toy?
And what kind of shoes were you wearing? Bare foot? Flip Flops? Hiking boots?

Iā€™ve seen brakes do an intermittent fail when the master was internally rusted and/or clogging but these were very old cars, not something 3 years old.
So before calling in the CSI, grab a flashlight and take a long hard look on the floor and under the seats for anything thatā€™s loose and may have jammed it.

1 Like

That was the ABS system engaging to prevent wheel lock up during a panic stop. Was the street wet?

1 Like

No the street were dry