2018 Chevrolet Tahoe - Never buying again

I had the same problem with my 2018 Chevy Tahoe and dealer said it would be around $1400 for the repair and its very common. NEVER BUYING CHEVY AGAIN

The same problem as Chris K of Victoria? Leaking a/c condenser?

Chevy problem? hmmm … I typed in “condenser leak” into the forum search box, upper right this page, the first 4 results were … nissan frontier, nissan murano , honda odyssey, honda accord … … I doubting this problem is unique to Chevy.

To put things into perspective, I own a 50 year old Ford truck and a 30 year old Corolla, and before that a VW Rabbit, have never had a single AC compressor leak. Of course AC isn’t installed in any of them … lol …

It’s happening in the appliances too. They’re using thinner metal to be energy efficient but the heat exchangers commonly develop leaks in 10 to 20 years.

What problem? You didn’t say. You probably want to fix it because f you sell the Tahoe. Other value will be reduced by about what it cost to fix whatever is wrong. Then keep driving it or sell it if you prefer.

I purchased a new refrigerator a couple of years ago, concur, definitely seems to be more efficient than the old one. The new one is also considerably better at maintaining the proper temperature in both fridge & freezer compartments. Win/win, better temperature regulation & I save about 40 cents per day on my electricity bill. I guess the downside is, it may not last as long. It’s a compromise .

Unfortunate. It’s a $50k suv and shouldn’t have a $2k repair for ac. Would it be worse if it were a 17k civic? Or the same?