2018 camry peeling off

Purchase the Carfax for your car and see if anything has been reported. I have heard of cars being slightly damaged while being shipped from the factory to the dealer. The car is repaired and it looks like nothing had ever happened.

Stuart , why reply to Ben ? This is not his vehicle . Do you really think that a dealer that touches up or repairs delivery damage is going to report to Carfax ?

:thinking:

:+1:
Exactly!

2 Likes

If that was the case it NEVER would have been reported to CarFax.

2 Likes

actually the 4-years old Mazda I bought from dealer had rear bumper damage reported, which pretty much fell between the dates when dealer took car as a trace and when it was back on the lot

sure enough, fresh paint was not so hard to detect, although job was quite decently done

when I pressed the dealer for details, they said customer took it for test drive and was rear-ended, after which they had to send it to bodyshop

so, sometimes you would get that on report, but YES, I’ve seen multiple cases where car would scream it was in bodyshop, yet CarFax would have nothing to report

OP, do you live in an area with a lot of dust storms? Years ago I had a weird driving experience where I drove my truck from Kayenta AZ to TubaCity AZ, less than 100 miles. A big dust storm came up during the drive and by the time I had reached Tuba City the windshield was so pitted I needed a new one. I decided to also check the engine air cleaner box and it was completely filled with sand. The car’s designers just can’t accommodate for severe situations like that. The air filter did its job and so there was no engine damage, one good thing.

Hi we have the same issue with the same red color with paint on the front bumper peeling off. We have the paint warranty but they said that is only for metal parts and dings. I am attaching a photo of red paint peeled off on the front bumper.

I heard that there is a toyota issue with the bumpers and the red colors.

The paint on your bumper cover appears to have a lot of pits from stone damage, same with the chrome trim. Take a new picture after washing the car The paint also seems to have a lot of “orange peel” texture suggesting the it is a low quality repaint.