2017 Chrysler Pacifica - I need a spare

need a wheel for a spare

you have 3 choices.

1. buy a new one from the dealer.
  2. buy an aftermarket rim. it won’t match but it is just a spare to get you back on the road.
  3. get an original used rim from your local auto scrap yard.
2 Likes

When I lived in Colorado I mounted my truck’s winter snow tires on separate rims, easier to make the fall/spring switch. I asked my local repair shop tech where I could buy some used rims? He’d say “yes, right over there” , pointing at a bunch of used rims he had acquired over the years. Suggest to try that approach first. If that doesn’t pan out, another idea is to surf to the local Pick and Pull website. Check to see if there’s a wrecked 2017 Pacifica there.

A wheel for a full size tire or a wheel for the temporary spare . Calling a few used tire stores in your area should solve this.

What happened to your original spare?

An inflatable spare tire is optional, some Pacificas have run-flat tires.

Ah! My car came standard with tire sealer and an air pump or something of that nature, but had the spare tire option instead.
I last changed a spare tire thirty years ago. 90 degrees, on I95, traffic zipping by at 75 MPH, after that got roadside assistance. Two flats since the, picked up a nail near my driveway. I let them do the tire change.

Try Modern Spare. It is an aftermarket spare tire provider.

I have purchased a complete spare/jack/lugwrench kit from Modern Spare, and I am happy with the quality of their products. However, if the OP does indeed need just a wheel, Modern Spare would not be appropriate, given the fact that they don’t sell “just” wheels. One has to buy at least a compact spare tire mounted on an alloy wheel from Modern Spare.

I think that the best options were summed-up by WW:

6 days and the person who started this has not returned to say just what kind of wheel he needs .
Temporary or full size.

1 Like