2016 Mustang GT : Impressions after 1000 miles

That’s indicative of a problem at the dealership. They aren’t properly keeping track of parts on order for the customer. One time this same thing happened to me on an appliance part, and I had a chat w/the owner of the place about what happened and how it adversely affected me. He was actually quite thankful I’d mentioned this to him. I never had any further problems getting call-backs when my appliance parts came in, after that. Suggest you do the same, in a friendly manner, as a suggestion on how to improve customer service, suggest to mention this to the manager of the dealership. I expect they have no idea something like this is going on, and would like to know about it, since it is relatively simple to fix.

That’s an indication of a serious problem at the factory. Either a mis-calibrated machine or a worker simply not paying att’n to what they are doing. Suggest to write a friendly letter to Ford w/you car’s vin number, and ask that they investigate just what equipment, procedural, or management problem caused this to happen. Ford can probably trace it down to the day and shift and start asking questions. You’d be doing Ford a service so they can get this problem resolved. Overfilling can do a lot of damage to the AC system. Sometimes a single overfill can mean the entire system needs to be replaced.

Not surprisingly . . .

At one of the local Benz dealerships, I consistently get looked down upon, when I appear at the counter, seeking to purchase parts for older cars

Apparently, I’m not a worthy customer :frowning2:

And they NEVER call to tell me the part has arrived. They have my phone number on record, we already went into that. They just feel I don’t deserve their full attention. They obviously never said that. But their actions . . . or lack thereof, for that matter . . . speak louder than words

I just wait several days, and then call THEM, and ask if the part has arrived. I ask to get connected to parts, and then ask if invoice number such-and-such has arrived. Seems to be the most efficient way to handle it

I don’t like the way customers such as me are treated, but they are the closest dealer to me, by far. Sometimes, for certain parts, it’s easiest to just get them from the dealership, even if that means having to order them.

This is one of those dealerships where the same counterpeople do retail AND wholesale. At those other dealerships, where it’s separated, the wholesale counterpeople have a much better attitude. But my money’s just as green as anybody else’s, so I can’t think of a good reason why certain customers should be sneered at. I’m always polite and never complain about the price . . . unlike some of the “truly worthy” customers . . . so the problem’s completely one-sided, as far as I’m concerned