2016 MINI Cooper Countryman oil issues

I have a 2016 Mini Cooper countryman base model, I have 41,300 miles on the car and have oil issues, took it to BMW for oil change, no oil leak, but I was told to check my oil every 1,000 miles, BMW telling me I might have an oil value leak, still owe two years on that car, have to take it back to BMW in six months…very mad, don’t know what to do!

That was the wrong information. Oil should be checked with each fill up of gas or weekly, whichever comes first.
Lesson you have learned: Don’t finance a car for longer than the powertrain warranty, preferably not longer than the bumper to bumper warranty.
BTW, if you chose to ignore checking the oil and have run the car too low on oil, you may have voided any remaining powertrain warranty.

How much oil are you using ? That amount might not be a major problem but if you are really upset then if you are not upside down on the loan then you should consider trading or selling the vehicle.

These engines were not unknown for using oil, they are a relatively small oil capacity so when the oil has gone from the Max to min mark you’ve used a litre but more importantly it’s down by nearly 25%. The remaining oil is working a lot harder and will burn off quite quickly, I’ve rebuilt so many of these engines due to this. As purebred said you need to regularly check it, it’s something owner won’t do these days but just ends up costing you money and the enjoyment of owning the car.

. As purebred said you need to regularly check it, it’s something owner won’t do these days but just ends up costing you money and the enjoyment of owning the\car.

As I have said before
on here I can not understand why people will not do the easy and cheapest thing to maintain their cars.

Cars a regarded as electronic goods these days , buy use break get another, bit of a pity really

3 Likes