2016 Chrysler 300 - Oil

300 s 20k miles new to me…should I go to full or semi synthetic oil for changes?7

If the owners manual says full synthetic required use the synthetic. Otherwise you can use whatever you want as long as it’s the correct viscosity

1 Like

Semi-synthetic is a waste of time and money. Go full or stay with regular oil if allowed by your owners manual.

1 Like

I’d go with the oil the automaker recommends in the manual. Just for grins and giggles, I did a bit of research on the percentage of the cost of ownership oil accounts for. You may feel better after reading it.

Yes, use whatever the manual states. It will have a viscosity rating like 5W20 as well as an API rating like SN. Stick with those two and use any oil you want as long as you meet all the requirements. Many car makers have their own requirements such as GM DEXOS as well as just about all of the European makes. I don’t know if Chrysler has this just yet.

I am guessing this comes with the Pentastar engine. That seems to be a pretty good one compared to a lot of the stuff Chrysler has put out in the past so take care of it and it should treat you well.