2015 VW Diesel Extended Warranty?

I’m with everyone here that thinks you should put the money away. Invested, it will grow with interest while the manufactures warranty protects you.

I’d opt for a bank that is far enough away that it would not be tempting to drop by and withdraw some for other reasons.

Unrelated;

Back when I started my business I told my accountant that I was going to get a credit card to carry, just for emergencies on the road. Back then, $100 would get you a long way in a pinch, and I was not good at keeping much cash in my wallet…too many tool store to pass!!!

My accountant told me get a $100 bill to keep in my wallet, fold it into a quarter the size and put about 30 staples in it and hide it behind something in my wallet. He said it would make you think twice about spending it as you picked out the 30 staples, just to buy a $10 dollar item.

That idea worked great and in 30+ years I think I only had to break that bill about three times.

Yosemite

?

Hey there jt63. If, as you say, “gas is $277.9 in Cleveland, OH” I bet you’re glad you got the diesel!
By the way, how much is diesel in Cleveland?

What I don’t like about the 3rd party warranty programs is that they tout all of the benefits and things they will allegedly cover in bold, easy to understand language right up front.

The hooks are often buried in the fine print legalese and most people won’t spend the time to read it or may get a bit dazed and confused by it all and just go along with the program on the assumption that it’s beneficial.

The only way an extended warranty should even be considered is if it’s a factory sponsored one.