2015 Toyota Highlander hesitation at stop

toyota
highlander

Anyone having hesitation problem with Toyota Highlander at near stop or pulling out in traffic ? Car fails to respond when you press on the accelerator.

Your vehicle has a drive-by-wire throttle system.

What this means is, instead of having a throttle cable between the accelerator pedal and the throttle body, your vehicle has an electronic throttle pedal position sensor which sends a signal t the computer, and the computer uses that signal to operate the electronic throttle body.

What you want to try first is having the electronic throttle body cleaned.

Tester

First thing to check is to see if your vehicle has hill assist feature. If it does this causes the vehicle to apply the brakes on hills of a certain inclination (it doesn’t have to be much of a inclination) . Thus it will not release the brakes even though you take your foot off the brakes until you apply a certain amount of throttle so this may be what you are feeling . We have this on a FCA van and I hate that feature . Some makes will allow you to turn it off so I would read the owners manual for that info .

OK, thank you very much for the information, I will take it to the Toyota dealer and see what they say.

Best Regards,

Billy