2014 Nissan Altima - Buckled

High temperatures cause food to buckle and the sun roof is separated from roof

I guess you mean ’ Hood ’ not food. What temperatures are you talking about ? Outside in the sun , that is highly unlikely .

Also count me in as a sceptic . . .

I live in the southwest . . . and I don’t see any 5 year old cars with buckled hoods and sunroofs separating from the roof that can be proven to have been caused by high temperatures

Wow, rough neighborhood! Man-made (or woman-made, to be non-gender specific) global warming, no doubt! It can come on quite suddenly… any paint left on this baby or did it scorch it right off?
CSA
:palm_tree::sunglasses::palm_tree:

Area 51 ?..…………

2 Likes

So you’re looking at from a different perspective, I guess . . . ?

You think op meant buckling paint . . . ?

Well, then they should have said buckling paint, instead of buckling hood . . . that’s how I see it

if it is indeed a paint what buckled, I would bet the car was repaired after the accident of some sort and that repair was not properly done

she could have worded it better . . .

The way op worded it, I thought she meant the hood . . . as in the sheet metal itself . . . was buckled

No, but it seems that any time it’s hot enough to damage sheet metal and knock a sunroof out of whack, it’s got to be hot enough to damage paint or set the interior on fire or melt something.
CSA
:palm_tree::sunglasses::palm_tree:

Maybe op lives on a planet which is closer to the sun than ours . . . :alien:

that might explain the extremely high temperatures

4 Likes

I’ve lived in OK for about 50 years. It gets very hot in the summers here and often it’s brutally hot. Temperatures in the 110-115 range and so on.

I have never seen buckled hoods, paint, or dislodged sunroofs due to heat. Cracked dashes and bubbling rear window tint is fairly common.

I suspect there is something going on that the OP is not clarifying correctly or is misunderstanding. Per the usual, more info is always helpful.

1 Like