2014 Ford Mustang - suspicious of dealer mechanics

This site is occupied by people long on chat, short on technical/mechanical knowledge, with a few people dominating every topic.

WASTE of TIME!

Lighting Afterburners and leaving this wasteland! ECM activated.

Supersonic

Donā€™t let the door hit you on the way out.

6 Likes

I guess you get what you pay for. :rofl:

5 Likes

With your attitude I would have thrown you out of my dealership.

5 Likes

The refund check is in the mail. :grinning:

1 Like

Okay

That was some good additional information

Iā€™ve always thought that flat rate techs should get a minimum of one hour on any car that comes through the door.
Test drives are an irritating (as in freeā€¦) time consuming but necessary nuisance.
I have a hard time seeing why a flat rate guy would even want to go motoring around for 50 miles and not get paid for it.

Thereā€™s also a small percentage of customers who should be shown the door at times. Just like dealer mechanics, that is not a blanket indictment of them all.

1 Like

I think thatā€™s the first time anyone tried to cancel George. Indeed.

Now that you are back, just an update on your favorite AG. In a special session today the South Dakota House voted to impeach the Attorney General. Just barely enough votes. Still has to go to Senate where it probably wonā€™t happen.

The Gov wanted him gone. She told him to resign but he refused and requested a jury trial. Of course she has no power to fire an elected office. Like a baby he wrote about a four page letter saying why he shouldnā€™t resign and how his rights were being violated. This is the guy that killed a guy walking on the highway at night. The suspicion is he was drunk but couldnā€™t test him till the next morning because he left the scene. At any rate public life is not being good to him even if they canā€™t force him out of office. I just about went into a rant, so Iā€™d better shut up.

This isnā€™t an airport. No need to announce your departure. You and your abuse towards those who tried to help you wonā€™t be missed, nor will your childish political rants.

2 Likes

+1, self-entitlement on parade.

1 Like

I didnā€™t see any political rants though. If you are referring to the AG comment, that was a continuation of a conversation about a year ago that db had special interest in. Just an update.

1 Like

I was referring to his ā€œWe love fossil fuels FJBā€ comment. Nothing to do with anything you wrote.

I didnā€™t see that.

Ohhh! FJBā€¦ Now I get it. Ol Supersonic flew that one right over my head.

I read about that AG yesterday

We already know how we feel about the matter

So I wonā€™t repeat it

But thanks for bringing it to my attention :smiley:

Iā€™m curious how it will play out

Thereā€™s a lot of things to keep track of

I think the OP has has left the building.
Buy a Mustang California Special (CS) then not drive it to preserve it as a collector vehicle? The CS package is primarily a trim package, different grill, side scoops, vinyl stripes etc.
Seems he is just an angry person living in an alternate state of reality. Granted there are, regardless of brand, good and bad dealerships. Having said that, much of his story seems highly questionable.
I am fortunate to have a very good dealership, no upsells. Have a good relationship with them, even have had a few services perform free. The independent shop I used to use even referred me back to them for a problem he could not diagnose/repair. New vehicles, purchased from there have had all services performed there, never a problem, rates are competitive with independent shops.

3 Likes

OP seems to be looking for a set of posters who were there at the dealership at the time the incident took place. I expect thatā€™s gonna be hard to find, but no harm looking.

It is often difficult to get a mechanic to test drive our vehicles.

1 Like

About the AG;s car, how often did he change his oil? Synthetic?