2014 Enclave Battery Issues

Three weeks ago we bought a used Buick Enclave 2014 with 40,000 miles on it. Since we’ve bought the car we have had to jump it twice. The car came with a new battery and was purchased certified from Buick car dealership. My question is: is there anything on this car that could be draining the battery? We’ve ruled out the obvious dome lights etc. Since its a new car with lots of bells and whistles on it, we don’t necessarially know everything about it yet. It has satellite navigation, OnStar, Bluetooth, back up assist etc. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you!

Supposedly a certified used vehicle should have some kind of warranty left. Have you talked to the selling dealer?

1 Like

We are taking it to them today.

I don’t know what your driving habits are, but short trips - running errands, shopping - where you drive a little, turn off engine, start back up, repeat, can drain down even a new healthy battery.
If that’s not a contributing factor, hopefully they will find a problem and get you back on your way.

1 Like

Maybe the battery isn’t a new as they claim, or it is otherwise defective. If the battery is ok, you may have something draining your battery overnight. Also, the alternator might not be doing its job. Ask your shop to do a battery “load test”, a phantom current drain test, and a charging system test. As I recall reports here are pretty positive for that make/model, so I expect this will be fairly easy for the shop to sort out.