2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Lost ALL POWER

This is not an isolated incident. See comment below from Jean Southwell whose C-Max also lost power for no apparent reason.

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2013/07/recall-alert-2013-ford-c-max-hybrid.html

"The much more serious safety problem with the Ford C-Max is the electrical fault/failure that causes the vehicle to totally stop with no power to get out of the way of traffic. The warning that appears on the display is “Stop Safely Now, Drive to a Safe Location.” There is no power to drive anywhere. When you take the car to a dealerhship for repair, as I did,Ford Corporation says they will not reimburse the dealer for repairs unless they can duplicate the event. After they were unable to do so, the dealer service department told me to take the car and drive it away, while agreeing with me that it would very possibly have the same problem again and potentially cause someone to crash into me in traffic. I declined to take the car. The dealer warned me that Ford may decline to continue funding any effort to repair my car which is clearly under warranty, having less than 700 miles.

Do not purchase a Ford C-Max."

And here are several other similar complaints:
http://www.arfc.org/complaints/2013/ford/c-max_hybrid/electrical_system/problem.aspx

Ford knows there is a problem and there is apparently no fix. Hope your lawyer can help.

I sure hope Ford gets the C-Max straightened out as it is a very appealing vehicle that would be a perfect family car for many. I wish they would sell a non-hybrid version here as the battery pushes up the rear deck by a couple of inches. The plug-in version is even worse, with very little luggage room. This is a demo of how not to make a hybrid. You have to do like Toyota and start from scratch so the battery doesn’t get in the way (on the Prius - it is still in the way on their sedans.)

The C-Max is sold only as a non-hybrid in other markets such as the UK, since it’s basically the same platform as the Ford Focus. Ford chose to only offer the hybrid or plug in versions for the USA.

Ok, today is 7-22-14, and we got our car back. THIS TIME, thanks to the same problem of someone in Washington state, the mechnic’s there apparently fixed this problem by removing/deleteing/ereasing (what ever word you want to use) the ENTIRE 2013 software, and INSTALLING 2014 software for the C-max. This apparently, fixed the person C-max up in Wash. problem and the dealer here in Calif. did the same thing. So far, so good. So we now have a 2013 C-max with 2014 software.