2013 Chevrolet Equinox 2.4 Oil Consumption

+1 to NYBo’s post.

Oil now is being used like a hydraulic fluid to operate these features.
I don’t have any technical information to this effect, but it’s also possible that low viscosity oils better lubricate the bearings in turbochargers. I solicit the opinions of others on this question. Synthetic for T-charged engines is a must.

When Ronal Reagan was elected he rolled back a number of EPA regs. I suspect that if Trump is elected he will try to roll back the projected fuel economy figures since they are very tough to achieve and will compromise engine life and increase maintenance requirements. I love high MPG but at what cost?

Mine of course!
When car sales begin to drop off due to excessive pricing, then the threshold of pain will have been met. If we looked at any business relative to a small minority of affected consumers, nothing would ever be produced. Sorry, it has to be an impact to the majority before it is significant enough to warrant a change in direction. The issue will be moot soon anyway as electric cars begin to take over. My concern is farther forward- what will these huge government entities do in the future to justify their existence once the current threats are mostly eliminated? You’re worried about intrusion now? Hang onto your seats…

There will never be a shortage of “threats”. We need watch dogs and legislators for legitimate threats, but this "gender’ definition is turning into a whole new industry, for example.

Highway safety and clean air and water are basic things we have to address. Long term climate change is something we cannot do much about, no matter what Al Gore says. However, we can adapt and mitigate , something mankind has done over that may thousands of years we have been on this earth.

So, think twice before you buy that Miami condo located right on the waterfront. A hundred years ago no sane citizen would have built anything there.

Oh, excuse me. I appear to accidentally stumbled upon a political forum. Can anyone direct me to Car Talk, please?

1 Like