2012 hyundai sonata limited

I have a 2012 Hyundai Sonata Limited. The alternator had been going out for some time, and it finally went out the other day on the freeway. so it wouldn’t start after that even with the cables. So I got another alternator and another battery put it in as soon as I press the button to crank the car white smoke came from under the hood it had burnt up the starter so I go and get another starter same thing I went through one more starter after that and finally just said forget it. Does anybody know of anything like this happening and what can I do to fix it?

The engine may have seized, not unusual for a Hyundai.
Try to rotate the crankshaft from the starter ring gear or the crankshaft bolt on the front of the engine.

Hyundai has extended the engine warranty to 10 years/120,000 miles for the engine defects;

3 Likes

Thanks so much. Im gonna tell him to give it one more shot

“Him”? are you going to give this person another opportunity to set fire to your vehicle?

If this vehicle is still within the powertrain warranty period it should be repaired by a Hyundai dealer.

I dont think that it is though

And im absolutely not going to let him fix anything. Him meaning my boyfriend. Lol

Won’t start how?
Engine won’t turn over?
Any sound from starter?

If you’re literally burning through starters, check all wiring related to the battery, the starter, and the alernator.