2011 Honda CR-V - CV issues after just 8 years

True, but CV joints don’t often break. Honda axles (in the rust
states) do.

1 Like

Like VDCdriver, I (used to) offer someone some advice if I saw something on their car that could be a safety hazard. Some would say yeah I know and some would be kind of curt about it. Eventually I just adopted a go ahead and kill yourself attitude.

I parked on the outside edge of a supermarket lot near a very nice SUV. When I got out I noticed the sidewalls were being scrubbed off of both passenger side tires. Walking around the car I see the driver side tires are the same way.

When I came out there was a very well dressed lady putting groceries in the back so approached her and politely informed her of the tire danger. She was kind of snooty with me by saying “Oh they’re fine. I just checked them 2 days ago.” From the looks of the sidewalls tire pressure had not been checked in forever.

So I just say ok and head to my car while thinking about all of the honor roll stickers and pictures of her 3 kids on the rear glass; wondering if they were all going to meet a tragic end at some point. Anymore I just keep my mouth shut.

2 Likes

What country were they produced. Not available in the USA.

My memory is not what it used to be I was thinking ford torino but as a few poster’ reminded it was the old’s toronado.