2011 Corolla transmission problem?

thread was started in April 2011

I have a 2011 Corolla. I have problems with
a) the fact that deceleration does not kick in until 4/5 seconds afteer foot removed from accelerator and
b) I experience occassional rev drops of 2/5 hundred when maintining speeds of 40/60 MPH.
Took car to dealer. Service rep. said that problem
a) was “just something that model has and we cannot do anything about it”.
b) Sent two techs to do a road test with me and while one was driving he experienced the rev drop. Told me that the vehicle was “probably looking for a higher or lower gear” and that was the reason for the rev drop.
I was told that if they ever received a TSB regarding the problems they would get in toych with me.
I am wring to dealer (Toyota of Hollywood. Holltwood Florida)
MM Miami

a) not abnormal for this car. You have a “drive by wire” accelerator pedal installed in a vehicle whose drivetrain is optimmized for mileage and emission. Quick throttle response and quick shifts were not design goals. Try another from the dealer stock and see if there’s a dramatic difference. I’ll bet there isn’t.

b) the engine will shift often to maintain a constant speed. The smaller the engine, the shorter its power curve and the more often it’ll need to shift. Smaller engines with shorter power curves combined with few gears also will show larger changes in revs as they shift. Again, compare it to one from dealer stock.

mm100, this is an April 2010 thread. I’m assuming you pulled it up by virtue of a “search” for a problem similar to yours?

Here I finally found people complaining about the same issues! I bought the car about 4-5 months ago.
I complained to the service but until now I could not find anybody else having the same issues.

Basically, I have the exact same problems that many others listed in this thread. Very frustrating at times.
Especially the deceleration not kicking in for a while when foot removed from the accelerator is frustrating
and can be dangerous at times. It took me awhile to get used to it. Also at speeds around 60-65,
the rpm keeps jumping up and down on a flat road. This is very annoying. I hope somebody will come up with
a solution. The service is ignorant about these problems and i suspect only few people complained to them
about this.

@toyotacorolla11owner - look back a page where a solution was posted. Its called: TSB 0124-11 (a Toyota technical service bulletin). Take that TSB # to your dealer.

This is apparently the thread that will keep on coming back.