2011 Chevrolet Malibu - Transmission precautions

buying a 2011 chevy malibu 1lt with 86k miles on it precautions to take with transmission

Pay a shop to do a pre-purchase inspection. As far as the transmission—after purchase follow the owners manual maintenance schedule.

3 Likes

After a pre-purchase inspection and after you buy the car;

Maybe pro-actively change the transmission fluid and filter, and every other oil and brake fluid in the car as well. Buying a used car is a big unknown and I like to KNOW when the last oil change, trans fluid change, ect has been done. It is a part of my used-car buying ritual.

4 Likes

Thanks guys yeah I have owned 2 chevys imapalas and put a new tranny in the 09 impala ; i work at a car dealership so I’m going to probably go ahead and have the service guys inspect it ; I know how to do maintaining I just didn’t know if there was anything else :+1:

Boy, there seem to be a LOT of TSBs on that transmission. Here is a look.

[quote=“chad20, post:4, topic:130750”]
i work at a car dealership so I’m going to probably go ahead and have the service guys inspect it ; [/quote]

Ok, now I am confused . You have access to service people you know in person but solicit advice from the web .
You did not say what kind of dealership but service advice and maintenance should be easy to get for the price of a dozen donuts.

Jeff Wyler new but used cars are next door

Sooo Ohioan? Cincinnati area maybe? :+1:

Yes Batavia :+1::+1:I reside in KY

1 Like

Former Ohioan, now in Florida.

At any rate the best thing you can do is have the trans fluid drained and filter changed pronto. I’ll bet it’s never been done because the owner’s manual says it’s permanent. Should be done every 30,000 miles. I need to get mine done soon.