2010 Camry LE Bumpy Ride

I also tend to believe the ride was rough because of the cheap quality tires, not because they were the wrong speed rating.

In any case, I’m glad to hear the Contis are working out for you. For what it’s worth, I recommend rotating every 5000 miles, which should work out to every oil change. I believe on your car, Toyota calls for a service every 5000 miles?

H is rated for 130 mph, probably good enough. I think it was more the tire than the speed rating, I am not sure if H automatically means a worse tire for ride and comfort than a v

1 Like

Absolutely!
The speed rating has to do with the tire’s ability to withstand heat build-up at high speed and to have less tendency for blowouts at high speed. The higher speed rating may also provide better handling/road grip at highway speeds, but a tire’s speed rating doesn’t directly affect its ride quality.

3 Likes

Our Volvo V70 came with Pirelli P7 V rated tires. The replacement are Pirelli P6 H rated and if there is a difference in ride we can’t tell.

Would be nice if the OP told us what the tires were that came on the vehicle.

IIRC, Mastercraft is the cheapo line of tires made by Cooper. Mastercraft tires are usually… serviceable… but the compromises inherent in cheap tires frequently include poor ride quality.

Thanks VDC, I missed the tire note. It has been 4 years but I had Mastercraft tires on a second vehicle and other than they were only rated at 40000 miles they were fine.