2010 Audi A4 - Misfires

Took my 2010 Audi A4 2.0 Avant to an Audi Dealership to diagnose a sometimes cylinder 2 & sometimes cylinder 3 misfire code. They said they cleared the codes and could not get it to repeat so they did nothing and wanted to send me on my way even though I had to pull to the side of the road once. I asked them to keep the car a couple days and do a road test diagnosis. What else can I ask them to do if they find nothing? I don’t want to get stranded.

Neither of these error codes will disable the car. It just senses an occasional misfire. Why did you have to pull to the side of the road?

If it were my car, I’d inspect a d change the spark plugs. Based on how the plugs looked, I’d run a compression test. If it tested OK, I’d scope (flexi camera) the intake and look for carbon buildup on the intake valves. That can be a problem on these engines. I’d drive it to see if the misfire comes back.

Thanks for responding Mustangman. I pulled to the side of the road because the engine shuddered no acceleration response, engine light flashing at 30 mph within the first mile of starting the car in the morning. Pulled over and shut the car off immediately. After waiting then starting the car again everything was fine. The spark plugs were changed 16,000 miles ago so should be ok. I will ask the dealer to compression test. Thanks for the suggestion.