2009 Mazda 6i BIG PROBLEMS!

Hi!

I really need some help. I have a Mazda 6i Touring 2009 (2.5L, 4Cyl.) with an engine failure. I don’t have any power. When I press on the gas, the revs go up but the car is slow to accelerate, hesitates and I get a CEL. So, I connected the car to an OBDII reader and got these two codes; P0403 and P2188.

I then went to my mechanic (I live in the Dominican Republic) and had the vehicle tuned-up. I did an oil change, spark plugs change (The 2 in the middle were black, burned. The other 2 were OK) and a radiator flush. The car was still having the same problem so we decided to clean the MAF sensor, the throttle body and the EGR valve. Also, the air filter is OK.

After putting everything back in place, he also checked for a vacuum leak but didn’t find any.

we went for a ride and at first, it seemed a little bit better but after the car got warmer, same problem… I connected the car again and we got 3 more codes; P061B, P0300 and P2187. He deleted the EGR valve and we went for a ride to see if it was the

problem but it felt the same.

He then decided to go for the injectors.

After listening to the injectors, he found that the two in the middle are pulsating a lot faster than the other two on each side. So, this is probably why the system is too rich…

My mechanic connected a system to clean the injectors, took the rail out and tested them and said they were working fine, they are not clogged and have no leaks. He then switched the injectors to make sure. He put the 2 in the middle at the extremities and vice-versa. Same thing, the two in the middle were pulsating a lot faster than the other two even after being changed. So, this proved that the problem is not the injectors.

He took the new spark plugs out to check and the two in the middle were black burned while the other two were perfect. He also switched the coils just to see and the problem remains.

He doesn’t know what else to try…

I’m lost, I really need help. I love this car and I just want it to run perfectly.

Even bought another PCM and programmed it to see if that was the problem but no, it does the same with the other PCM connected.

And same codes come out. Here with a freeze frame:

Confirmed Trouble Codes
P0300: Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected (Powertrain, Generic)
P0403: Exhaust Gas Recirculation “A” Control Circuit (Powertrain, Generic)
P2188: System Too Rich at Idle (Bank 1) (Powertrain, Generic)

Pending Trouble Codes
P0403: Exhaust Gas Recirculation “A” Control Circuit (Powertrain, Generic)
P2178: System Too Rich Off Idle (Bank 1) (Powertrain, Generic)
P2188: System Too Rich at Idle (Bank 1) (Powertrain, Generic)

Permanent Trouble Codes
-none

Freeze Frame
Fuel system status: Fuel system 1: Open loop (2)
Fuel system status: Fuel system 2: NA
Calculated engine load: 72.9 %
Engine Coolant Temperature: 82 °C
Short Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1: 0.0 %
Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1: 0.0 %
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure: 79.0 kPa
Engine RPM: 3297 RPM
Vehicle Speed Sensor: 108 km/h
Ignition Timing Advance for #1 Cylinder: 28.0
Intake Air Temperature: 34 °C
Air Flow Rate from Mass Flow Sensor: 51.34 g/s
Absolute Throttle Position: 30.2 %
Time Since Engine Start: 749 s
Commanded EGR: 0.0 %
Commanded Evaporative Purge: 0.0 %
Fuel Level Input: 40.0 %
Number of warm-ups since DTCs cleared: 0
Distance traveled since DTCs cleared: 15 km
Evap System Vapor Pressure: 7.3 Pa
Barometric Pressure: 101 kPa
Catalyst Temperature Bank 1, Sensor 1: 858 °C
Control module voltage: 13.45 V
Absolute Load Value: 65.1 %
Fuel/Air Commanded Equivalence Ratio: 1.000
Relative Throttle Position: 20.8 %
Ambient Air Temperature: 33 °C
Absolute Throttle Position B: 30.2 %
Accelerator Pedal Position D: 33.7 %
Accelerator Pedal Position E: 16.9 %
Commanded Throttle Actuator Control: 25.1 %

And just found out that the oil smells like gas …

Why are only those 2 middle injectors receiving a signal to squirt more gas than the other two? What is going on?

What could be the problem???

After insuring the EGR valve is closed, temporarily disconnect it and see if that improves things. Run a compression test…