2009 Chevy Tahoe Question/Issue

I am currently using my dealership’s courtesy computer to post this thread. I get most of my Tahoe’s services done at the dealership where I bought the truck. It’s just past its warranty and this past week I have had weird problems starting the truck, to the point where I have had to get it jumped twice. This morning I tried to turn it on, it clicked but didn’t turn over. I rolled it out of the garage to jump it but tried one more time and it started up with no problem . But that is the weird thing. On Monday I took it to an auto parts store and they put it on their battery/alternator tester. No problems, stated the parts guy; alternator is good, it has 463 cranking blah blah blah. It was fine.

So I get to the dealership today and let them know. The guy at the service desk tells me it’s gonna be $60 for a diagnostic but he is pretty sure it’s the battery. I am at a loss here and ambivalent on what to do. The $60 diagnostic would go towards the cost of the battery, but why did I hear completely different answers from other? And I still am a bit of a cheapskate and hate the fact they want to extort $60 from me.

Any ideas on what the problem might be? Any suggestions on how to handle the situation?

One other point. The truck has always not been able to start after having the engine of and the key in the ignition for just a few minutes (like, less than 5 minutes). I always chalked this up to all of the electronics installed and us having cell phone chargers in, etc.

I should have mentioned I am waiting for the dealership to finish an oil change and tire rotation.

ist an alt. dosn’t have “463 cbb” abattery would have that mutch but your “hoe” needs lots more CCA(cold ccracking amps )pay the dealer and he might be on the money about yoour battery been the problem the truck is 4 years old. the guy at the part store might have only 15min of training on the battery tester and the dealer tech has about 4 plus years of schooling. you get what you pay for. ps might be something else.

I have seen car batteries pass a load test when cold in the morning and fail when hot that same afternoon. The dealer may be on track.