2008 Suburban - will GM help fix the locks?

I have a 2008 Suburban LT with 18,000 miles and the 2 doors on the driver side lock actuator is not working about 90% of the time. Does GM help on the repair. I am well under the 36,000 mile warranty even though the time is over.

On a 11 year old vehicle , absolutely not .

1 Like

You can ask the dealer just to see what they say, but expect the answer to be no, in which case you can’t really argue.

Wow. I found a 53 Chevrolet pickup in a barn with only 1,200 miles on it. I’ll take it by the dealer to see if they’ll take care of the failing brakes and excess oil consumption and milky glass and slipping clutch. There’s 10,800 miles left on the warranty.

3 Likes

IIRC, the verbiage on that warranty coverage was…
3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first.
I don’t think that there is anything ambiguous about the length of the warranty coverage.
:thinking:

They’ll fix it for you, then present the bill. Mileage has nothing to do with issues like this. It’s all about age.

Related note - are you doing the maintenance both by miles and by time? By now it should have had all fluids replaced, for example. And are the tires original? They should be replaced.

… including the brake fluid.
In fact, the brake fluid should have been flushed 3 times already, after the passage of so much time.