2008 Sedona- Do I really need a brand new ECM?

“I hate to tell you this . . . SEVERAL other car manufacturers have VERY similar TSBs, concerning the EXACT same thing”

@db4690
That’s OK, Thank you. I look at lots of TSBs, but I guess not usually concerning this issue. I’ll take a closer look at the CVVT associated problems when I’m looking. I’ll look up TSBs for my cars and see what I find. I believe only one of my cars has CVVT. Thanks, again.
CSA

I have no idea why the screens would fail other than the reasons I mentioned. It would be interesting to to examine a few failed screens microscopically to see if anything could be detected.

Harley has had some problems (including total engine failure) due to screens becoming partially clogged due to near microscopic debris from cam chain shoes. Maybe it’s possible that a clogged screen being pushed upon by higher oil pressure due to cold engine oil could be fracturing screens.

That’s all theory of course.

Screens tend to be tricky to cinch into place sometimes…perhaps it was never on there quite up to snuff and the Hot n Cold and constant vibration works it loose? I dunno…just a thought?

Blackbird