2008 Honda Accord EX 160K miles

Should I buy a used Honda Accord with really nice leather interior and sunroof and it has 160k supposedly mostly highway miles. Price is $4500. Appears to be well maintained. Clean title.

I certainly can’t make that decision for you . Have no idea where you are or if that is a good price for your location. The standard reply here is spend 100.00 to 125.00 dollars for a mechanic to inspect the vehicle.

As for price I always say if the price you are willing to pay matches the price the seller will accept then that is the current value.

I agree with @VOLVO_V70, get a prepurchase inspection. I had a 2005 Accord EX V6 from 2005 through August 2017. I sold it at 186,000 miles. It was problem free until about 150,000 miles, then a few problems occurred. At this age and mileage, things will start to break and need to be replaced. You might need brake calipers, new hood struts (I did), and a few other items. If you are OK with that, it could be a good car for you.

The price is about right for an EX or EX-L from a private party, and a bit high for an LX.

If this is a V6, you will need a new timing belt at 210,000 miles or 7 years after the last timing belt change. If the belt was changed on time, you have 3 or 4 years before it needs another change. If it is a 4-cylinder Accord, there is a timing chain, and you don’t need to change it.

Does “appears to be well maintained” mean that the car looks/sounds good, or does it mean that you have perused all of its maintenance records in order to verify that it has actually been well-maintained?
There is a substantial difference…
:thinking: