2007 Toyota Camry - Brake Fluid Flush Required?

I shifted to Honda’s in 2000 and have only driven them since then; so far I’ve had a very good experience with the Honda and just bought my wife a 2018 Accord last year. She had been driving a 2002 Accord V6 which I had carefully maintained but our grandson had a transportation emergency so we gave the car to him; it was still in very good running condition at the time and he is driving it now. At this point, I have a great deal of respect for Honda engineering.

Gates says your 3L Accord engine is an interference engine.

1 Like

That’s an interesting contradiction, according to Honda it is a non-interference engine.
Honda

• All Honda engines are interference except 3.0L & 3.2 which are Non-interference

I get the fluid flushed every time I replace brakes, every 80k or 7 years or so on current vehicle. The lines will probably rust from the outside in first for me. Rust belt! 03 car.

1 Like

David: I own an aircraft (Piper Seneca). One never “owns” the plane. It owns YOU!

1 Like

Other people’s freedom to avoid preventative maintenance of critical safety systems ends when they want to deploy those systems near me.

5 Likes

I can understand that; I recall when I was working for LTV the satisfaction we got when we reduced the A7-A’s maintenance man hours down to 11 for each flight hour.

How true, safety maintenance deferred becomes a hazard for everyone on the road!

1 Like

I too live in a high-humidity climate and was interested to discover how brake fluid attracts atmospheric moisture; my owners manual requires a brake fluid exchange every three years regardless of mileage.

David, just incase you are not aware of it you do not need to reply to each persons posts . Your posts are seen by everyone . So you can make several replies in one post .

1 Like

I see a personal reply as just a courtesy to the individual; I suppose I’m old school when it comes to courtesy and respect. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just for laughs, I went and stuck multimeter into my “older” cars (2006 Nissan Pathfinder / 2005 Toyota Prius) to find out two things: fluid conductivity in highest range I have (2 megaohm) and galvanic effect.
For both vehicles, I received sound infinity and zero correspondingly.
Both had fluid replaced slightly more than a year ago, so it proves pretty much nothing.
I did not even bother about the new car with 5K miles on it.
Interesting if somebody would report his measurements on the fluid after many years in service.

1 Like

Hi David. Welcome. You’re free to reply individually, or combine replies and @ the person’s name you’re talking to. There’s no rule about that.

1 Like

Thank you for mentioning that point; it’s just my nature to want to respect the time it took someone to write a comment and to acknowledge it personally if at all possible.

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with. that

1 Like

You’re right, Terry; constructive comments made in good faith deserve a response.

1 Like