2007 Nissan Pathfinder timing chain noise

I recently purchased an 07 Nissan Pathfinder with 86k miles on it, it had 3 previous owners and according to Carfax most service was done at the Nissan dealership. I recently took it in for service, key cutting and key fob programming, at Nissan dealership and service manager lets me know there is noise coming from the engine compartment, I personally dont hear it but again I’m not a mechanic, that sounds reminiscent of a timing chain issue. He told me it would cost $1500-$1800 to repair. I did not have them repair it, that’s a lot of money!, but began research to see if this is a common problem for Nissans. Come to find out, this is a common problem with Nissan even putting out a TSB (technical service bulletin) to dealerships so they know this is a widespread issue. I will take it to another mechanic, whom I trust, to get definitive diagnosis, but is there anything I can do to get Nissan to pay for, at least part of it, since this seems to be a problem they know about with faulty parts even though there isnt a recall on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated to avoid paying for something Nissan knows about and should be doing something about.

Since there isn’t a recall which a safety issue, and TSB is not, Nissan isn’t obligated to pay anything.

Tester

Tester is correct. This car also has had 3 owners and if complete records are available then what needs to be looked at is the oil change interval regimen.

Many chain and tensioner problems are caused by not changing the oil often enough.