2007 Lucerne Oil consumption

:naughty:

Allow me to add a relevant point that may be important to the OP.

Engines do not wear out because they use a little bit of oil (and this IS a “little bit”). They wear out when the owner allows the oil to run too low or regularly low or he/she neglects the maintenance. While I commend your attention to the vehicle, apply that to the maintenance schedule itself. Keep the car maintained, don’t abuse it, keep the oil level above the “FILL” line, and you’ll likely have many happy miles of use.

I include in that recommendation to not rely on the oil level warning light. Get in the habit of checking the oil level with the dipstick on a regular basis. I personally add a half quart when it goes down a half quart instead of waiting for it to hit the FILL line. Plenty of fresh oil is important to the health of the timing chain too, as OK4450 regularly reminds us, and I like to make sure there’s plenty there. It doesn’t cost anymore to add a half quart when it drops a half quart than it does to add a full quart when it drops a full quart, and I sleep better.

Happy motoring. :smile:

VDC writes above – sarcastically …

Car salesmen are known for being scrupulously honest and for never making false statements regarding the used vehicles that they are selling.

This reminds me of the time I was taking a walk past a BMW new car sales lot, and I took a look at a 2006 model sitting there by the sidewalk, a used BMW they had for sale. On the sticker sheet there were two boxes they could check, one said “no warranty, sold as is”, and the other said “12 month used car warranty”. For this car the second box was checked, 12 month warranty. I looked at the terms of their 12 month warranty for what it covered, and this is what it said. I’m not making this up. Terms of Coverage: 0% parts, 0% labor … but everything else, for the next 12 months, I guess you’re covered … lol …