2007 Honda Accord Malfunctioning indicator lamp (MIL) on

Your mechanic should be able to show you where it is. I don’t know where it is on an 07 Accord, but if it is not in the pedal, then the pedal is probably pushing down on a rod or lever and the APPS is at the other end of the rod or lever.

I found this site with a quick Google search. You might be able to get a free manual here:

If not, it looks like you can obtain them online for about $30 if you shop around. Even a Chilton’s manual for your car would probably be helpful though. If you’re planning on routinely working on your car yourself, the $30 would be money well spent, and the service manual the best tool in your toolbox.

Accellerator pedal position sensor location. Are the plastic shields still under the car? Sometimes they get removed and water splashes up in the engine bay on rainy days and causes havoc.

Heres a link that might help also.

http://www.denlorstools.com/autoblog/2010/12/accelerator-pedal-position-app-sensor-fly-by-wire/

Thank you all, oblivion, keith and knfenimore.
I do not think I will do much work myself on the car. I just want to have better understanding.

Your welcome, stop by anytime.

I got the APPS replaced today.so far so good. I will let everyone interested know if the car still has the problem in about two weeks.

My car has been running smoothly since the replacement of APPS. I guess I will never know if it was due to APPS to start with, instead of both throttle position sensor and APPS went bad together. Regardless, the car is running well.