2007 chevy cobalt speed gas n gear problems

Recently my car started to go at a lower speed like around 5-10 mph. Then it started not showing the speed I was going. Then the RPM goes higher and higher and does not come down. I took it to the shop thinking the recall for the egnition switch was going to fix the problem but even after I got the egnition switch fix I was still experiences those issue.s I took it back to the shop to get a diagnostic that cost 100 bucks they told me to get my transmission fixed. After I had gone and done that my car still was experiencing those problems. Also some times the car turns back to normal like it wasn’t even having issue everything goes soothly for about a good 2 to 3 miles and it goes back to it’s old issues. Anyone know what I can do or if they are experiencing these issue too? I wondering if I should take it back to the dealers and have them look at it again or not?

I think that I understand what you are saying with, “my car started to go at a lower speed like around 5-10 mph. Then it started not showing the speed I was going.”

If I am interpreting things correctly, I think you are telling us that the car slows down after hitting 5-10 mph. And, I think you are telling us that the speedometer no longer shows the speed at which you are traveliing. Are my assumptions correct?

However, I have no idea what is meant by, “Then the gears wouldn’t move from 1-3 it would just keep increasing”

And then there is, "even after I got the recall fix ".
Which recall are you referring to?
If it was the one relating to the ignition switch, then–no–it has no apparent connection.

Can you please re-post your questions in a more understandable way?

I think what you are saying is that the speedometer is reading 0 mph and the car is not upshifting. This sounds like a vehicle speed sensor (VSS) problem. You said you took it to have the transmission fixed. What did they do to fix it? This should be on the invoice.

You have a couple of sensors that could be causing your problems, Vehicle Speed Sensor or Input Speed Sensor. As mentioned above we need a little clarification. When you say it’s not showing the speed you are going, do you mean speedometer. That would be the VSS. It also controls shifting. There was a recall on reprogramming for shifting issues.

Vehicle Speed Sensor - The automatic transmission output speed sensor (OSS) is a magnetic inductive pickup that relays information relative to vehicle speed to the TCM. Vehicle speed information is used by the TCM to control shift timing, line pressure, and TCC apply and release.

Input Speed Sensor - -The automatic transmission input speed sensor (ISS) is a magnetic inductive pickup that relays information about the transmission input speed to the TCM. The TCM uses this information to control the line pressure, TCC apply and release, and the transmission shift patterns. This information is also used to calculate the appropriate operating gear ratios and TCC slippage.

I fixed the question a bit if you guys noticed and I fixed the transmission speed sensor as well I’m not sure if it was the vechile speed sensor or the I put.

That would be the VSS. It also controls shifting and spedo.

If the VSS was replaced and you still have the problem I would suspect a poor connection at the VSS connector or the wiring to the sensor. The ISS wouldn’t affect the speedometer.