2006 Kia Spectra EX Worth Saving?

I have a 2006 Kia Spectra EX in need of a new transmission. It has about 130k miles on it. I can get the tranny replaced for cheap from a friend I trust at a local junk yard, but I don’t know if it’s worth the fix. Everything else on the car seems to work great. I am also unsure if getting another used tranny is worth it as far as the tranny itself(maybe they normally do well and I just got an anomaly?). I want to ask the local Kia dealership, but idk what I can trust as far as that goes.
Thank you!

Sure it’s worth saving. Have you looked into a rebuild at a transmission shop?

A 2005 Kia with 130K is at least worth a used transmission.

As long as the car has had the timing belt service done and all the other maintenance is up to date I say fix it.

I assume the body and interior are in good shape as well?

My vote is to fix assuming everything else is in good shape and the timing belt service has been done as mentioned.

If your failed transmission was never serviced then that is the likely cause of the current problem; not the fact that you consider it an anomaly.

Cheaply, sure. It’s not such a bad little car. Of course there is risk that a used transmission will fail, but if you’ve not paid much, it’s worth the risk. Thank your friend nicely for his kind offer.