2006 Hyundai Santa Fe - time to change injector?

I have a 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe with 126000 miles in it. I bought it used 2 years ago and within 6 months the check engine light came on. The code showed a misfire on cylinder number 4. I checked the sparkplug and coil on plug coil. I swapped them to cylinder number 6. The code stayed the same. I checked compression on the 3 front cylinders (2, 4 & 6) and they were ok (180 - 195). I’m now thinking about replacing the injector on number 4. Do you agree?

I think I do agree. Doesn’t follow spark, compression is OK so fuel seems a good bet.

You might just swap the injector to another cylinder as you did the coil and plug to see if it follows. Would save a few dollars.

1 Like

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Before you do that, you could hook up a noid lite to #4 injector connector and start the engine

It should be flashing

if it is, then it would appear the injector is getting the signal to do its thing

if it isn’t flashing, you’ve got to figure out why

2 Likes

I’m thinking along the same lines as db4690 above, good chance this isn’t an injector problem. More likely it is a problem with either the ignition signal or injection signal isn’t getting to their corresponding part on that cylinder. Suggest to verify that first.