2006 Dodge Magnum has a new engine but

Wow you know your cars!

You say worked on your many, many used cars over 40 years including “fuel stuff” and electronics and your “racing days” are behind you… but you can’t be sure which part of an engine in a clear photo is the cylinder? Seriously?

Getting even harder to believe you’re serious now when you’ve logged in with a second, new user profile.

1 Like

Of course I didn’t ignore them my friend, I’m a 57 year old man who has been climbing under cars since I was 17, I’m no mechanic but I’m also not a soccer mom, I know to check oil in a car lol

I have just one profile that I’m aware of, wyattspoppa, and spare me the sarcasm, people come here who need help, if we were all experts we wouldn’t need help, now would we? I can fix a hundred things on a car not running properly after 40 years, I never dabbled in engine work and NEVER claimed to be any sort of expert. If you don’t want to help people out, you may want to find a different site for only certified mechanics

He rebuilt the motor but ran into electrical problems he couldn’t solve, so he got his dads electrical guy (his dad owns 2 shops, he owns one) and his dads guy found a bad connector to the ECM. The Mag is eating batteries so hopefully this is the fix. He’s put in the connector and now attempting to get the ECM to “relearn” its tasks as I understand it. This has to be done even after disconnecting the ECM as I recall

Hey Tester, so the rebuild is complete, but it was killing batteries, his dad’s electrical guy found a bad connector to the ECM and he replaced it, just waiting for the ECM to “relearn” it’s tasks, I’ve been through this before after an ECM is disconnected, I installed one myself years ago. I just added a new post, hopefully he’ll finish the car tomorrow, but I’m wondering if the Mag needs to be hooked up to a Dodge-capable electronic to reset it properly.

Your posts can be seen by everyone so there is no need to post the same thing to each person.

My apologies again, thank you