2005 Saab 9-5 wagon

saab
9-5

I have a 2005 Saab 9-5 linear. Recently the air isn’t blowing as good and it has been recharged. When its on full blast it sounds like its struggling. Please help

Are you describing a problem with the temperature of the air that is coming out of the vents or the amount of air that is coming out? These are two completely different things - poor airflow from the vents has only to do with your blower fan & air ducts and nothing to do with whether or not the AC is charged or functioning well.

The amount of air coming out has decreased significantly.

That sounds like a failing blower motor and would have nothing to do with recharging the system.

What was the reason behind doing this recharge anyway?

The air was blowing warm and went to the shop and they said it was a refrigerant was low so they put a pound of refrigerant in it. How much could this cost?

An auto A/C system will lose a bit of refrigerant over time with age and miles so a pound is not unreasonable after 6 years.
As to cost that varies a lot based on the shop, locale, exactly what all was done other than charging it, etc. Wild guessing, I’d say anywhere from 50 to 100 dollars.

I read a tale recently where someone was charged 40 dollars a pound for R134 (refrigerant only) and that is obscene in my opinion.