2005 Nissan Pathfinder shakes when idling or at the light

I have a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder. I bought the car 3 years ago. It had about 10K miles. I havent had any majors problems with it thus far. However, lately, i would say about for about 4 months now, I have noticed that whenever I stop at the light or when i am idling, the steering wheel vibrates/shakes ever few seconds or so. But when I put the car in park, without turning the car off, the vibration/shakes disappear. I have always changed the oil on time. I have always used synthetic oil and premium gas.

The truck has about 36K miles now. please help! Thanks!

change the transmission fluid - does it also go away in N? If so, it is transmission related, as it vibrates when it is engaged.

Have you kept up with other maintenance such as air and gas filters etc. as outlined in the manual?

It’s quite possible that one or more of the engine or transmission mounts is/are worn out, and no longer deadens enough of the engine/transmission vibrations.

You say that you’re using only premium gas. Does your Owner’s Manual “REQUIRE” that? If any other words are used instead of “REQUIRED”, when refering to the type of fuel needed, then you are simply throwing your money out the window.

On page 334 of your owners manual, Nissan recommends that you use REGULAR gas.
http://www.courtesyparts.com/pdf/2005-Nissan-Pathfinder.pdf