2004 Tahoe stalls while driving

UPDATE!!!

For those interested this is summary… Symptoms were stalling, would crank over but not start. If vehicle sat from 3-10 minutes it would crank and run on for a while. This occurred 2-3 times a week.
Feedback was it was either the Fuel Pump or Crank Shaft Position sensor (CPS).

I changed fuel pump last weekend (9 days ago) and pressure quality improved (slams to 50 psi when turning on ignition), however running idle psi only went up from 42 to 43 psi which is spec. 2 days later wife had another stall.

Yesterday I changed the CPS with new ACDelco sensor. I did add the 0.030” spacer washer/shim. Engine cranked up and idled great. No codes were present. I did not have scanner tool to initiate a CKP crankshaft variation relearn.

Today I drove to local garage to have a relearn performed and on the way my EL came on and flashed on occasion. It threw a P0300 misfire code with misfires occurring on several cylinders. All codes were cleared before relearn. After the relearn was performed all codes Remained clear and I drove 15 miles home with no EL indicators or codes.

So now I am back to letting wife drive it again and see if the stall no crank occurs. Fingers crossed hoping this is resolved. I will not post another update unless problem returns…

1 Like