2004 Pilot (120K miles), paid $4000, repairs $1800-should i do it?

@shadowfax Thank you. Yes, I confirmed that is all part of the timing belt kit. And the $350 is just for the 2 front tires. The current 2 won’t pass inspection

Agree. That’s definitely on the list too for next time

Make sure the new tires go on the rear of vehicle.

In 2012, I paid about $800 for a timing belt, water pump, new coolant, and a new serpentine belt. This is in Central Maryland, a usually high priced area. If you get that work done for under $1000 now, you are getting a fair deal. I own a 2005 Honda Accord EX V6. The Accord V6s use the same engine as the Pilot and Odyssey. If you don’t have a receipt showing that the timing belt was changed, you don’t know when it may have been done. It makes sense to get the job done. Look at the color of the transmission fluid and smell it. If it isn’t dark brown and smells burned, then it needs to be changed very soon. The dip stick is on the lower right in the engine bay and has a ring on top for your finger. It looks a lot like the yellow dip stic for the oil on the front left of the engine. If the fluid isn’t a smelly mess, then let that go for a few months.

[quote=“mschristinejames, post:21, topic:103337, full:true”]
@shadowfax Thank you. Yes, I confirmed that is all part of the timing belt kit. And the $350 is just for the 2 front tires. The current 2 won’t pass inspection
[/quote]Is the vehicle AWD? If so, the owner’s manual may specify that all four tires have to be very close in diameter.

The Honda dealers I have used always had a package deal that included everything and it was a bargain. One time I needed an extra seal for the oil pump but that was only $10 extra.

I forgot to mention that if the previous timing belt service was done at a Honda dealership, then there will be a record of it in a central computer that any other Honda dealer can check on so I would recommend stopping at any Honda dealer with your VIN and have them check for any records of maintenance. This will help you determine just how urgent the timing belt replacement really is. The recommended interval is 7 years or 105k miles, whichever comes first.