2004 Ford Ranger - Something about a dead battery

2004 ranger runs starts fine never a issue today took the cable off motor died started up put dead battery in it charged

Why did you do that?

“put dead battery in it charged“

Why not recharge the batter first, may very well shorten the life of your alternator.

I took the battery cable off my truck today and it died put it back on it started took it off out a ded battery on rolled it off it started and charged battery reason I was helping someone stranded my truck has a skip I’ve changed everything on it still got the skip could this bee the problem 2004 ranger

What do you mean by a “skip”? I assume a misfire. Is it constant? Random? Is the check engine light on?

Not all the time mostly when under a load and the check ing light is not always on when it flashes its sick

I presume the truck isn’t misfiring all the time? When you say “under a load” do you mean accelerating? Going uphill? Towing? If the check engine light has come on there’s a stored code. Have it read and post it here for someone to figure out.

Thanks dude

Something weird about the way the forum is functioning.
I do not see any comments about engine skipping or misfiring.

The first post I see is:
“ 2004 ranger runs starts fine never a issue today took the cable off motor died started up put dead battery in it charged”

Tony03’s second post, the third post in this thread, he wrote:

If you can’t see that there is definitely a forum problem.