2004 Chevy Venture Trans Shuddering noise

Hey, I have a 2004 Chevy Venture van w/ 90,000 miles, never had any major problems, trans fluid never changed. Maybe once every 5/6 days after driving for a few miles normally,after stopping for a red light, upon acceleration the whole car shudders like the Titanic for 1/2 seconds. Take your foot of the gas and it runs fine. Whole car shakes like driving over rumble strips. Anybody ever heard of this? Is it the trans? Shoud I change fluid or is it too late? Thanks Marcopolo

There MAY be dirt getting into a solenoid.

The tranny fluid and filter should have been changed around 60k at most.

I have a 2000 Silhouette (sister to your vehicle) and my tranny had a slight shudder before it started to ‘harsh shift’.

I used to tow a Coleman hrdtp camper with it and changing the fluid and filter (more often) fixed it. Maybe just luck for a change, but that was two years ago and I don’t tow with it anymore.

I bought a Tahoe to pull my 21’ TT.

Apparently I didn’t read your post closely enough.

It wouldn’t seem to be tranny trouble here.

I would suspect a vacuum leak or possible MAF sensor fault.

Definately have a drivability man look at it first before condemning the transmission. While there are transmission components which would cause the symptoms you describe, its better to check the engine out first.

transman