2003 Buick Lesabre leaking clear fluid

Hi, I have a 2003 Buick Lesabre. This afternoon, I noticed a large amount of clear liquid leaking out the bottom of the engine, on the passenger side. It seems to be dripping out from underneath the crankshaft. It looks like water, and I don’t smell much, except when I get really close it smells… dirty. Not sure what this could be, any help would be appreciated! I have a couple pictures of the leak location. It may be worth noting that my heater stopped working three weeks ago, and I just had a new (used) transmission put in a few days ago, but it doesn’t seem to be transmission fluid.

The only liquid that would be clear and not oily would be condensate water from the ac condensor. It may have been clogged and you broke it free so it drained out.

1 Like

If it was coolant or oil it would feel slippery and have an odor. I concur w/MM above, normal AC system draining. Next time you are at the shop ask them to blow out the AC drains, then it won’t accumulate. This doesn’t only happen when you are using AC. Anytime the defroster is running the AC is on.

The cooling system may have been very low and when the transmission was replaced they topped off the cooling system with water.You won’t see much color in diluted coolant.

The water pump or intake manifold might be leaking coolant.

1 Like