2002 Silverado 1500HD Engine Wiring Harness Mystery

I have a 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD, 4WD, 6.0L engine, 4L80E Trans, and need a new engine wiring harness because previous owner when wheeling and got wires on trans wrapped around drive shaft. big mess. I don’t have any idea how to put connectors back on it.

I cannot find one anywhere. I have been told a 2500HD for 2002 was identical, but part numbers are different. But no one can tell me the difference. Below is my vehicle and harness off of a 2500HD same year. Can someone tell me the difference please? One dealer said the only difference he could see was a HVY feature described as a 2" lift? LIke 2" higher off the ground or what?

PLEASE HELP!

My harness has connectors to the trans that are torn off and wires hanging out, so if I can get the pinouts I could just add a new connector.

Can you tell me what the heck the difference is in these two part numbers / vehicles? Mine is the 1500HD.

15073345 - 1500HD 2002 4L80E LQ4 4WD 6.0L VIN 1gcgk13u02f104856
15073343 - 2500HD 2002 4L80E LQ4 4WD 6.0L VIN 1gchk29u02e294746

Any guidance would be very welcome! Thanks in advance!

Getting a wiring harness will be extremely difficult for a 16 year old truck, in my opinion. That will almost certainly be special order, possibly with a long wait time

What you need to do is get your hands on new pigtails

http://www.acdelco.com/for-professionals/shop-tools.html

Click on shop tools, then click on pigtail catalog

Man!

If I were in your position? Here’s the people I would be in contact with.

http://www.painlessperformance.com/

Tester

So the connectors were ripped out of the sockets on the trans? Have you inspected those sockets? I’d make sure those aren’t damaged first, then go to junkyard for connector end pigtails. Unplug, hack off length you need and match wire colors when splicing back into your truck.

I just have exposed wires from the harness. No connectors. Connectors on the trans are fine. If they had the harness that fit I would just get the whole thing. Or are you saying just cut the pigtails on any similar model?

Yes, just take the pigtails you need. Replacing the entire harness is big job x 2. You first have to carefully remove it from donor truck. Then do all same work to reinstall into yours. Versus cutting off a few connectors…

I see. That’s a great idea. So there is really only two connectors at the base of the trans that have been affected, I just don’t know which wires would go to which connector. I have tried to find a wiring diagram that I can decipher but can’t find one. I can get the connectors online.

Will the salvage yard allow me to cut those connectors off?

Go to your local public library

Many of them offer free access to chilton online . . . which probably has the wiring diagrams you need

Talk to the librarian . . . they’re there to help you

You could give these guys a call- http://www.rostratransmission.com/transmission-wire-harnesses-by-rostra-transmission.php

Another idea, a Chevy dealership might provide you w/that wiring diagram info if you go there during a non-busy time. Tell them you are there looking around, thinking of buying another Chevy, but were also having a problem maybe they could help you with while you are there. It’s a social engineering thing :wink:

Awesome idea