2002 Ford Windstar engine life

I have the 3.8 in engine. It has 160,000 miles on it. It seems to run fine with these motors known for up to 200,000 or more?

Yes, they can go 200K. Change the oil regularly!

I had a cylinder #5 miss fire for the longest time.

I put a new wires and plugs still had misfire, then one day it just started running good? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[Image]

Get Outlook for Androidhttps://aka.ms/ghei36

I had a cylinder #5 miss fire for the longest time.

I put a new wires and plugs still had misfire, then one day it just started running good? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

All these lights and engine lights are on, my mechanic has diagnosed and checked numerous times and reset.

He’ll keep coming back on but the van is running fine I don’t know if there’s just a short somewhere or what but everything works it’s a mystery but I love my 2002 Ford Windstar.

[Image]

Get Outlook for Androidhttps://aka.ms/ghei36

must be troll time
i see the problem. the tach is broke. or you are being towed at 53mph?
in 1st gear? you have a funny van
at least engine temp is good

The Ford 3.8L was known to have chronic head gasket problems. Though the later split-port 3.8L (1996 and later on the Windstar) didn’t have quite the appetite for head gaskets that the earlier single port versions did. Our family went through a litany of Windstars, and all but the last one had either (and often both) headgasket or transmission failures. All but the 1995.5 were company cars (leases) and were turned back in at 100k. My dad was in sales, and put about 45k a year on his company cars. 90% of these miles were highway miles.

1. 1995 Windstar, one of the first off the line, built the first day of production. Transmission failed at 36k, head gaskets went out at 63k

2. 1995.5 Windstar (family minivan), head gaskets failed at 42k, transmission failed, at 68k, cat blew out at around 100k, head gasket failed again a 120k, it was junked after that.

3. 1998 Windstar - head gaskets at 55k. and transmission shortly after at 66k

4. 2001 Windstar - No head gasket failure, transmission made it to 72k

5. 2004 Freestar - made though the 100k lease without incident

After that the company my dad worked for started leasing Japanese minivans, Siennas and Odysseys. Dad ended up with a 2007 Odyssey, it was superior the Windstar/Freestar in every way.

I’m not sure what the question is OP. The car’s running fine, right? No problems?