2002 Chevy Venture Intake Seal

The dealer recently told me that I need an “intake reseal” on my Chevy Venture. I’ve also been made aware that several GM products (between 1995 - 2003) have experienced the same fate.

Is there any information about the factory’s responsiblity? Or is this something that I should expect from a vehicle that is six years old?

It does seem to be an issue with the 3.1 and 3.4L V-6 engines. The intake manifold gaskets go bad, and coolant gets into the oil. Look at the oil on your dipstick. Does it appear to be milky? If so, you have the problem. If it gets bad enough, the lack of oil will make it so that the bearings are not sufficiently lubricated, and the engine may be ruinied. Since the dealer is telilng you that it needs to be done, you can bet that there is no recall available to fix it. That said, the dealer is not the only one who can do this repair. Any good indy shop can do it, probably for less money.

I went through all this already and paid for my repair (no trouble since 4 yrs ago) out of pocket (expensive).

I have no idea where you are but this action suit stared in the US and finished up here.

Here’s a site you can go to http://www.gmcanadiansettlement.ca

THEIR IS A RECALL/SETTLEMENT IF THE CAR CAME FROM THE FACTORY WITH DEXCOOLANT. HERE IS THE WEBSITE THAT MAY HELP YOU.WWW.DEXCOOLSETTLEMENT.COM