2001 VW Jetta with 17705 P1297,17545 P1137, 16684 P0300

Patient: 2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition

Miles: 62,000

Diagnosis:

17705 P1297 Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve

17545 P1137 is Long Term Fuel Trim Add.Fuel,Bank1 System too Rich

16684 P0300 Random Misfire Detected ? Any Cylinder

Treatment thus Far:

VW Dealer cleaned fuel injectors, replaced turbo valve and spark plugs. Checked coils. States coils are not the issue. Symptoms continued. Months later patient was taken to a local reputable mechanic that works on VWs. MAF sensor was replaced. Symptoms persisted with one change in condition. Random misfire is more of an intermittent problem. It does not occur as much. Main symptoms now 17705 and 17545.

Any other treatment suggestions or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Doc out!

now tha’s a GREAT post,I don’t do german vehicles,but some here love them,they’ll be with you shortly,mr wolfsburg.

This is one of those situations where you raise an eyebrow at the engine management computer.

Tester

Another possibility is an air leak between the turbocharger and throttle plate. This could be verified very easily with the use of a vacuum/pressure gauge.
I’ve run the test using a gauge with a long hose attached to the manifold. The hose is routed under the hood, through an open window, and the gauge placed on the dashboard. This is after checking the manifold vacuum at idle, and below the throttle plate.
Then it’s a matter of hitting a deserted road and see what happens with the readings.

I’m not saying this is your problem; only that it’s something to consider.

almost the perfect repair order(RO) they dont exist,very nice though.